Christmas Questions from Kara
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper but gift bags are awfully convenient. A little of both is good.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I’m allergic to the real thing.
3. When do you put up the tree? It just depends.
4. When do you take the tree down? That just depends too. Energy and time have to collide at just the right moment.
5. Do you like eggnog? I adore it! But I can’t have dairy. I used to pour it over a bowl of rice and warm it in the microwave – yum!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmm.. Easy Bake Oven… or Laurie Walker the huge life-size doll maybe? (Even though my brothers and dad tortured her.)
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad is not just hard – he’s impossible. We’ve all given up and just make him scrapbook pages.
8. Easiest person(s) to buy for? I really LOVE shopping for most people. It’s probably one of my favorite things ever.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes – one carved from olive wood in Israel.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I usually try to mail some, but it isn’t looking good this year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can’t remember a really bad one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Maybe Elf? But I also like all the cheesy ones that are on Hallmark this time of year.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November-ish. I never have it all done early though – it is part of the whole Christmas feeling going out and shopping for presents.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. One was a candle, and another one was this awesome chocolate violin that I gave to a guy who plays the violin. It was just too perfect.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Nothing in particular comes to mind, although I do like the festive foods like ham, cookies…
16. Lights on the tree? Chyeah!
17. Favorite Christmas song? I like most of them. I love O Holy Night, For Unto Us a Child Is Born, Little Drummer Boy, What Child is This?, I could go on. Oh - and Baby It's Cold Outside is fun.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home! Well, wait… are we talking warm and balmy weather? If so, I’d be all over it.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer & Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner & Blitzen
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have a star for it right now. I like both.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We do family presents on Christmas Eve, and then Santa and Mom and Dad ones on Christmas Morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Usually the weather and the crummy road conditions that come along with it, but not this year – it’s only snowed once so far.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like lime or light green in with the green and red.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, turkey, whatever works.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A cutting table for sewing!