Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rice Bags

My sister Jo requested a couple of these babies to keep the kids warm in the freezing Minnesota weather. (You pop them in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and they stay warm and can be used as heat packs.) I decided to make her one too. And then I just had to make one for Andrew to give with his birthday present, and of course one for Anne also! Utah weather calls for this kind of comfort too! I loooove these and also the heating pad on my bed. They make me happy!

For Sarah, the Diego lover

A T-Rex for Sam
















Andrew's Stegosaurus


I made one like this for both Jo and Anne















Sorry about the inconsistent labeling. My cursor was jumping all over the place! I don't know what's wrong but this site doesn't like me to post pictures and label them! Thanks for looking at all my sewing I have shared recently. I like that it looks like I am a prolific sewer when in reality, all this took me months to finish. I drive myself crazy with ideas and things I am dying to make, but I am slow! All your comments totally keep me going.

6 comments:

Kathi said...

They look so cute all together! Getting them made is hard enough, let alone blogging about them.

Jana said...

They are so stinking cute! Andrew is SO cute!! :)

Kristen said...

I have these rice bags and we just use them as bean bags. Now I can warm them up -- didn't know they were so handy. Thanks!!!

Sara said...

Hey Natalie, It's Sara Bell and i love love love your blog. i finally got one. everyone kept telling me to get one, and i promised myself i never would, cause i'm stubborn. (kind of like your massage guy, jerk face story...yeah i went way back on your blog.) Anyway i finally have a blog and so my mom told me to look at your fam's. Jake is so old and handsome! and you are a talented sewer.

Anna said...

I love your projects. And you are always doing them for other people. You are so sweet.

Natalie said...

Thanks so much everyone. Kristen - you should totally try it! Sara - SO fun to hear from you! I commented on your blog but you are nothing like my massage guy haha! Anna - thank you! I just get more fulfillment when I make the kids stuff. Partly because they are just so full of love and I feel this when I make them stuff, and because they look good in everything you know? In fact, I can really only motivate myself to make things for kids!! I NEED some things myself and just keep putting them off.