Sunday, February 8, 2009

Finished Sewing!

I have finished sewing a bunch of things!! I've had some things hanging around that I have been wanting to finish. I work a little here and a little there when I have energy, so things can take me forever but I am so happy these are all done! I am going to post the pictures over the next few days.

This outfit is for my niece Sarah. Here's the top - my dad said he hated it and it was the ugliest thing he'd ever seen. Don't hold back Dad. So I guess I'm curious what you think. Is it ugly/cute/in-between. Or wait, maybe I don't want to know. Be a little gentler than my dad, please. And Mom, you don't have to answer.
I don't know if the ties at the neckline will bug her, but hey, I thought it was cute. And that's what's important right? Well that, and that the receiver of the gift likes it too. And I learn more with every project so that's good too.
This skirt - I kind of morphed another pattern from a skort pattern to a skirt because I didn't have a basic skirt pattern on hand - I hope it fits and works.

7 comments:

Suz said...

LOVE LOVE the shirt!! So cute!

Kristen said...

So impressive, I wish we were closer so I could make the same outfit -- too cute!!!

JoAnna said...

I love it!! It is so adorable. Sarah is going to LOVE it too!!

Unknown said...

super cute. i love the orange!

Kathi said...

I love that whole outfit. She's going to look darling and feel darling in it. Sure wish we could get pictures of her in it.

Jana said...

I think it is super cute! Great job! :)

Astrid said...

I love the top - it's from Ottobre right - last spring issue, I think? I made it with owls, and it has been in use all the time. In summer it's great as a light garment to cover the skin, and in winter it's brilliant with a long-sleeved tee underneath. And with me, you canNOT go wrong with Sandi Henderson - love her fabric! Conclusion: Perfect! Your Dad should be looking up to you! :) Cute outfit!