Saturday, January 31, 2009

THIRTEEN!

Hi. I've been under a rock for a while. Or kind of like 6 feet under. With a breathing tube. At least that is what I have felt like.... so I have been missing from blogsville, but I am alive again and that is a beautiful thing.

My question is -

How does this:



Turn into this?


Seriously?? Where did the time go? Jake turned 13 last Sunday! He is such a ray of sunshine and I am so grateful he is my boy. (I am still calling him my "boy" even though he is 2 1/2 inches taller than I am!) He is a kind and caring kid who loves hanging out with friends, doesn't like much of the food I make, loves his little baby brothers (his dad's), doesn't like homework, has a propensity for noise, likes his percussion class at school, is fun to hang out with, and who lights up my life.

13 Things about Jake

1. He's an extrovert and he loves to be around people and where the action is.
2. He's funny and he LOVES funny things.
3. He loves gadgets and everything at Think Geek and Extreme Geek.
4. He is smart.
5. He has lost all but one baby tooth.
6. He is 5' 6 1/2"
7. He craves down time and freedom to do whatever he wants.
8. He loves music (and is an expert on the drums on PS3 Rock Band.)
9. He is great at figuring out technology.
10. He is a ray of light.
11. He is not judgmental of others.
12. His favorite TV shows are Mythbusters on Discovery, and Ace of Cakes and Challenge on Food Network.
13. He has strong family values and loves family.

6 comments:

JoAnna said...

K, i seriously loved reading these things about him!! I didn't really know most of that! And I love the way you put it... HOw does this turn into this?? It is truly mind-boggling.
Love that kid! And I'm so proud of who he is.

Kathi said...

He started out so cute and he just keeps going! (And growing).
He is one great kid!

Suz said...

Man I love that kid! Thanks for the awesome post... and the awesome kid.

Kara said...

Great post! I can't believe you have a teenager! Lol

I'm glad your back to blogville... is there anything I can do for you?

Anna said...

I can't believe how grown up he is. I remember when I watched him when he was 5. He was really sick one day and threw up. It was so funny because I wasn't grossed out at all and was just holding his little body and cleaned him up. And I thought that it must be because I really care about him that I wasn't grossed out. That is kind of a weird story but I hope you know what I mean.

And when he started Kindergarten and I walked him over for the first time, he ran off and his little backpack was bouncing. I totally got choked up.

Kristen said...

I love the picts and info about Jake. I remember meeting you at the mall to eat and he was 3 or so. Wow, time does fly. Miss you.