Monday, February 15, 2010

Seams In My Dreams and Chapped Lips

I have been hard at work on some sewing for a contest! This has been very different from my usual rate of just doing a few steps here and there when I am up to it. I have been pushing it hard and will crash afterwards, but it feels good to get things done that I want to do! Just before I fell asleep last night, I realized my mind was just full of seams and fabrics, and appliques........ Also, I have chapped lips. Why do I get this from sewing so much you ask? Well, apparently I stick my tongue out between my lips when I am sewing on my machine, especially if it is something I have to really watch and be careful with. Skiing sounds like a better excuse for chapped lips, or hmmm... maybe kissing... but hey, I get mine from sewing.

The contest I am entering is this one.
It has been really fun to push myself to create something
a little different and see what I could come up with!

OK first up is a dress I made from this pattern. I added some gathers to the middle piece and the bottom piece and then made these fun rosettes for the neckline.





6 comments:

Suz said...

Ooh how'd u do the rosettes? I wanna learn! So cute!

Jana said...

I wanna learn the rosettes too!!! :) LOVE this!!!! I want one for me! lol

Kara said...

So cute! What an awesome detail!

Aurora said...

Oh, this is SUPER cute!!! I love the rosettes too, & would also love to know how you made them. :)
Good luck in the contest!

Natalie said...

Thanks sooo much everyone! :) I used a tutorial for those flowers and I have been looking for it and can not find it anywhere!! I'll keep looking and if not, I will take some pictures of how to do it.

Kathi said...

Do these ideas just come out of your head? This looks so comfy, but fun! It's amazing those rosettes are just made out of knit, but such a cute touch. They look like a lot of work-if those edges are finished.