Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter Peeps!

I love Easter and the new life it represents. Spring is by far my favorite season. I just love watching the world come to life again after the deadness of Fall and Winter. I love the story of the resurrection and that we have the knowledge that we get to live with Heavenly Father and Christ again because our Savior died for us, and then rose again. I am so grateful that none of us have to die spiritually, but need simply to repent of our sins and we are reunited with the Spirit in this life, and if we choose, with our loving Savior and Father in the next. It truly is a plan of happiness.

And on the lighter side, Jake and I dyed Easter eggs last week. We got kind of silly and had fun. Jake thought I was a goofus for thinking it was so funny that I was making a Humpty Dumpty. What can I say, sometimes I get slap happy. The paint was all gloopy but what do you do? Jake made an awesome storm trooper!

5 comments:

Suz said...

Dude, those are the fanciest looking easter eggs I've ever seen. Awesome job w/ Humpty Dumpty!! I don't know where you got your artistic talents from but dang! They are never ending and amazing!!

JoAnna said...

That Humpty Dumpty rocks!!

Happy Easter!

Jana said...

Those eggs freaking rock! And I love the word goofus.. I'm totally gonna start using that! :)

Kara said...

Lol I am glad that you had fun dying eggs too! So fun!!

Kathi said...

Thanks for the Easter message. Did Jake tell you we got to hear Elder Quentin Cook in church today? It was cool. In this little tiny branch in St. George!
Awesome eggs! You're too talented!