Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Birthdays and Family

Hey Blogworld!

Well, I'm not too sure what I think about blogging yet. Of course I love to read other people's blogs, but do I have anything interesting enough to say!? Lol - well, I figured it is a good way to stay in touch with people and also to get memories and happenings out of my mind and on to somewhere more lasting. So I am giving it a shot!


The happenings in August: My 36th birthday. OK, umm what? Where did all that time go? And did I really just lose over 10 years of my life in bed for a good part of it??? Bleahchhh Oh well - I just know Heavenly Father has big plans for me so I can make up for lost time.


Also, we have family visiting from out of town. My brother Eric and his wife Tiff are here for about a week. It is so good to have them back for a bit. They are such a cute couple. And my sister JoAnna is here with her two awesome kids. It is so good to see them all. I feel alive when they come because we do so much and actually have fun every day. It is very different from my normal day to day life of resting/going to dr. appointments, etc!

I swear I love kids so much. These two are amazing kids and so is my other nephew Andrew. (I'll be sharing pics of him soon.) It is a blast when they come and I wish I could spend every minute with them. Their personalities are so fun and it is a delight to watch them grow and change. Except when they do it in another state! I can't believe Sam will be going to 1st grade next year and little Mr. Andrew starts Kindergarten!!! Sarah will be in pre-school. I asked her if any of her friends were going there with her and she said "no, but there will be other people there." And then she thought for a second and with a thoughtful and unsure expression said... "I think?" Like at least I think there will be other kids there! And even funnier is the fact that she knows that her best friend WILL be going with her. Hahaha

2 comments:

Kathi said...

We need to get a pic of Andrew in his because all I can find is the one of his jammies without him in them.
Liane reminded me of a good scripture. You're well aware of it. He that receiveth my father receiveth my Father's kingdom; therefore all that my Father hath shall be given unto him. (pertaining to your life in bed).

Natalie said...

Thanks for that Mom. Good perspective. I decided to put jammie pictures up later!